How to do Yoga Cat Pose
Step by Step
- Position yourself on your hands & Knees on the floor, both hands below the shoulders (shoulder-width apart) and your knees right below your hips.
- In this position, your going to take in a deep breathe.
- While exhaling you are going to arch your back sucking your belly in and dropping your head down. (You should feel a good stretch in your back.)
- Hold this pose while you take a few deep breaths.
- Inhale while returning to your starting position.
- Repeat as desired, or move to your next pose.
Benefits of the Cat Position
The cat position is often paired with the cow, creating what is known as the cat-cow pose. These positions, when used together, can
- Help relieve stress and calm the mind and body
- Relieve tension and stretch the muscles in the neck and back
- Strengthen the spine
- Strech the hips, abdomen and back
If you're new to yoga, but trying to figure out which yoga class to take, the options may feel overwhelming ...