HOW TO DO YOGA CHAIR POSE
STEP BY STEP
- Start standing with feet together.
- Inhale deeply as you bring your arms up, over your head forming a parallel line with your arms pointing to the sky, palms facing eachother.
- While exhaling, sit into a chair position while continuing to hold your arms up over your head.
- While holding this position, hold your core tight, engage your glutes, push your knees together, shoulders down.
- Breathe deeply
- Hold for as long as desired and return to starting position, or move into your next pose.
BENEFITS OF THE CHAIR POSITION
- Tons arms and legs
- Stretches the chest and shoulders
- Strengthens your hips, ankles, calves and back
If you're new to yoga, but trying to figure out which yoga class to take, the options may feel overwhelming ...