HOW TO DO YOGA CHILD’S POSE
STEP BY STEP CHILD’S POSE
- Get down on your hands and knees, with knees shoulder-width apart.
- Then push your bottom back sitting your heels.
- Bring your forehead down to the ground, keeping your hands extended past your head.
- Press your palms into the ground, and bring your shoulders down into the ground.
- Focus on opening your hips and on stretching your shoulders down.
- Hold while breathing deeply for as long as desired.
BENEFITS OF THE CHILDS POSITION
- Relaxing, stress relieving pose
- Helps stretch the shoulders and hips
- Helps to relieve neck, back and hip strain
- This is considered a restorative and calming pose
If you're new to yoga, but trying to figure out which yoga class to take, the options may feel overwhelming ...