If you’re trying to lose weight, a healthy, calorie controlled diet needs to be the foundation. However, many people don’t take this into account when attempting to drop the pounds and as a result, their fat loss efforts suffer. That’s why I’m sharing my favorite weight loss diet tips here.
This post contains some affiliate links (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here for our full disclosure. Thank you!
Be Aware Of Calories
While the quality of the calories you eat is very important when trying to lose weight, the amount of calories you consume can greatly affect your fat loss success. Even if all your calories are coming from healthy and natural foods, if you eat too much, you’ll struggle to lose weight.
Therefore, make sure you have a general awareness of the total number of calories you’re consuming and if you struggle to drop the pounds over an extended period of time, consider reducing your total caloric intake.
Drink it up
Drinking water is essential when trying to lose weight. When you’re not drinking enough water, your body can think it is hungry even when you don’t need food. Drinking water also increases your energy levels and keeps your metabolism at its optimum speed.
Choose Clean Foods
Clean, unprocessed foods are generally low in calories. In addition to this, they’re a fantastic source of vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. Not only do these nutrients help your body perform many essential functions but they also put it in an optimal fat burning state.
Processed foods are generally high in calories and contain a fraction of the nutrients that can be found in natural, unprocessed foods. They also can contain chemicals that can disrupt your hunger hormones and effect your energy and stress levels.
This means by choosing cleaner foods over processed foods, you consume less calories overall and burn more body fat as a result of the additional nutrients.
Make Cooking Fun
If you want to get the maximum flavor out of your foods and truly enjoy your meals, then you need to learn to cook. Cooking more often can help you become more in tune with what you are putting in your body while makes the dining process more satisfying and enjoyable.
This may seem daunting at first if you’re used to living off processed foods that require minimal preparation. However, once you get started with some simple recipes, you’ll quickly pick it up and be enjoying a wide range of healthy, low calorie meals in no time at all.
The more you enjoy these meals, the more likely you are to keep eating them which prevents you from falling back into bad habits and binging on unhealthy foods.
Bring On The Veggies
Making the switch from processed foods to unprocessed foods will give your weight loss efforts a huge boost. However, if you want to take it a step further, adding multiple servings of vegetables to every meal is a great way burn even more body fat.
Most vegetables contain less than 50 calories per serving and have a very high concentration of vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. However, despite their low calorie content, vegetables are surprisingly filling and do a great job of satisfying your appetite.
This makes them a great fat burning food and the more you eat them, the more weight you’ll lose.
Cheating is OK (a little bit)
Losing weight does require a certain level of discipline when it comes to your diet. However, being too strict with what you eat and making certain foods forbidden rarely works and often leads to strong cravings followed by large, unhealthy binges.
Therefore, to avoid binge eating and make your weight loss diet is manageable in the long term, you should enjoy cheat meals in moderation. These cheat meals can include any foods you like and the only rule is that you consume them 20% of the time and stick to healthy, natural, unprocessed foods the remaining 80% of the time.
Doing this provides you with a buffer to eat any foods you desire but also ensures that most of the time, you’re eating foods that promote fat loss.